It’s Time to Paint The Town Pink in Downtown Bel Air
The Bel Air Downtown Alliance and The Upper Chesapeake Health Foundation (UCH) have partnered this October in support of National Cancer Awareness Month and in celebration of the opening of the new Kaufman Cancer Center on the campus of Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (UCMC). During the entire month of October, Downtown Bel Air will be Painting The Town Pink in support of cancer care, right HERE in our community. As part of our efforts to Paint The Town Pink, we are asking YOU to help us "Give Cancer the Pink Slip" by donating a dollar or MORE (hint, hint..wink, wink...nudge, nudge) at many of our LOCAL shops, boutiques, salons, and restaurants. There will also be a variety of promotions and events throughout the month that will be supporting the new Kaufman Cancer Center at Upper Chesapeake. Mark your calendars for Thursday, October 17th, 5-8pm...It's Girls Night Out in Downtown Bel Air and our shops will be open late! PLUS, there will be a Survivor's Walk kicking off at Armory Park and we will be inviting everyone to vote on their favorite Paint The Town Pink Window Displays. We will also be selling PINK Cups - sponsored by The Spenceola Group - for $5.00 at Tea by Two, Looney's Pub, MaGerk's Pub & Grill, and the NEW Main Street Oyster House (opening October 12th) that will be good for EXCLUSIVE drink specials October 13-20th! To stay up-to-date on any/all Paint The Town Pink promotions and to be entered to WIN some very special Paint The Town Pink prizes, text PINKBELAIR to 20673! For more about the Kaufman Cancer Center at Upper Chesapeake Health and how your support is making a difference right here in Harford County, CLICK HERE!
- Looney's Pub: $2.00 Domestic Drafts, $3.00 Rail Drinks, and $3.00 House Wines
- MaGerk's Pub & Grill: $2.00 Domestic Drafts, $3.00 Rail Drinks, and $3.00 House Wines
- Main Street Oyster House: $1.00 Off Domestic Drafts, Rail; Drinks, and House Wines
Simply Donate a Dollar or More to Help Us "Give Cancer the Pink Slip"!
Join Us for Our Paint The Town Pink Girls Night Out on Thursday, October 17th, 5:00pm-8:00pm!
Our Shops, Boutiques, and Salons are OPEN LATE and Our Pubs & Restaurants Feature AMAZING Happy Hours!
In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, 101.9 Lite FM is asking you to help them LITE THE TOWN PINK! They will be traveling all over Baltimore this month with pink LITE bulbs in support of breast cancer awareness. Come get a bulb (while supplies last), put it in your outdoor fixture, and show your support ! LITE FM will be in Downtown Bel Air at Barely Used Consignments on Main St. at 12 N. Main Street, 5:30-7:30pm, giving away LITE bulbs to the first 101 folks who show up! We will also have NEW pink Girls Night Out Shopping Bags to give away!
Purchase Your "Pink Slip" at the Following LOCAL Businesses and Check Out Some of the Other AMAZING Paint The Town Pink Promotions Happening All Month Long!
- Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 12th, 1-4pm for Ground Control's Paint The Town Pink Family FUNdraiser featuring food, games, giveaways, and MORE!
- Purchase or bring in your pre-purchased $5.00 Paint The Town Pink Cup and receive $1.00 off their PTTP Tea Spritzer. The $1.00 discount will; be donated to the Kaufman Cancer Center!
- Purchase your "Pink Slip" at Two Sisters and be entered to WIN a Liztech Cancer Awareness Ribbon. You can also visit them all month long to vote on your favorite cancer awareness artwork provided by student artists!
Charm City Run
- Join Peace Yoga on Saturday, October 26th, 8-9:30pm for their Glow & Flow Yoga event. Spaces are limited and the $30.00 cost will be donated to the Kaufman Cancer Center. Their will be plenty of door prizes, including lots of Peace Yoga goodies and a limited edition PINK Jade Yoga Mat! CLICK HERE for more info!
- Anything AND everything in store that is PINK will be 50% off all month long!
Barely Used Consignments on Main St.
- Lite The Town PINK with 101.9 Lite FM during Girls Night Out on Thursday, October 17th, 5-8pm! Plus, meet the author and pick up a copy of "It Takes 2. Surviving Breast Cancer: A Spouse’s Story", 6-8pm. A portion of the book's proceeds will be donated to cancer-related organizations and foundations.
- Purchase a Brighton Power of Pink bracelet and $5.00 will be donated to the Kaufman Cancer Center!
- Visit NVS Salon & Spa on Sunday, October 13th, 10am-3pm for their annual Clip for a Cure fundraiser. This year's event features Celebrity Shampoo Assistant and Local Business Owner, Mickey Cucchiella. Enjoy food, fun, raffles, giveaways, and MORE with proceeds benefiting the Kaufman Cancer Center. CLICK HERE for more info!
- Sunday, October 13th features their Kaufman Cancer Center DoughRaiser! Simply order for pick up or delivery, tell them it's for Paint The Town Pink, and Domino's will donate 20% of your check to the Kaufman Cancer Center!
Bel Air Liquors
Edible Arrangements (Abingdon, MD)
- Purchase any of the baskets from the Breast Cancer Awareness Collection and 10% will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation.
AleCraft Brewing Supply Co
- Stop by any Saturday in October for their special Pink Ribbon Cupcakes and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to various breast cancer initiatives in Harford County!
Friendly's in Harford Mall
- Join them on Thursday, October 3rd, 5-7pm for their Save The Pearls fundraising event. Purchase a $20.00 pink or pink camo t-shirt and $5.00 will be donated to the Kaufman Cancer Center. PLUS, Jinji Chocolates will be there with their delectable treats and a portion of their sales will also be donated to the Kaufman Cancer Center!
Saxon's Diamond Centers
- Purchase any of their "pink" jewelry this month and 20% will be donated to the Kaufman Cancer Center! CLICK HERE for more!
The Pink Silhouette
Kid 2 Kid
StaleFish Board Co.
Mary Kay Cosmetics (Carol Mallon)
- Make any purchase from Carol in the month of October and 25% of your purchase will be donated to Upper Chesapeake's Cancer LifeNet program. CLICK HERE for more info!
The Arena Club
- The PINK TREADMILL is up and running! For every mile logged on the treadmill, $0.50 will be donated to the Chesapeake Cancer Alliance! If you're not a member, take advantage of there very special 25 Days for $25.00 promotion. Activate by December 1st and you can join for 25 days for just $25.00! 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Kaufmnan Cancer Center. CLICK HERE for more info.
Main Street Design
The Whitehouse Trading Co.
- A portion of the sales from their Paint The Town Pink Window and their hand-painted Paint The Town Pink Wine Glasses will be donated to the Kaufman Cancer Center. PLUS, join them on Sunday, October 27th, 10am-4pm for The Whitehouse Market where a portion of sales that day will also be donated to the Kaufman Cancer Center. Follow them on Facebook or visit them at www.thewhitehousemarket.blogspot.com for all of the details!
- Join them for Pilates for Pink on Sunday, October 27th, 9-11am. FREE pilates instructions will be available for anyone interested in trying pilates. A donation of $5.00 is being requested and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Kaufman Cancer Center.
The Vape Lounge
The Mill of Bel Air
- Spread the word! Pat's Pizza is giving back 15% of ALL orders delivered to Upper Chesapeake between NOW and october 31st!
About Cancer LifeNet:
Everyone in our community knows someone who has faced the terribly frightening disease of cancer and has seen, firsthand, the impact this has in so many ways. Sometimes the unknown can be the biggest fear for individuals when they receive a cancer diagnosis. Navigating the healthcare system while facing a life-threatening illness can be a major challenge.
The Cancer LifeNet Program at Upper Chesapeake Health, founded in 2006, offers free-of-charge services to all residents of Harford and Cecil counties, regardless of where they receive their cancer treatment. Services provided by Cancer LifeNet include:
• Education and assistance from oncology nurse navigators
• Counseling and assistance with access to resources from oncology social workers
• Support groups and educational programs
• Support from specially trained volunteer navigators who have personal experience with cancer
The Cancer LifeNet Program at Upper Chesapeake Health anticipates more than 1,800 encounters with cancer patients or their loved ones in 2012. Over 85% of the cancer patients or loved ones served by The Cancer LifeNet Program reside in Harford County. With over 1,250 new cancer patients per year in Harford County alone, the need for cancer care and supportive services is real and it is urgent. For more information about Cancer LifeNet call 1-866-393-4355 or visit www.uchcancer.org.
About The Kaufman Cancer Center:
Last year, Upper Chesapeake Health broke ground on its long awaited comprehensive cancer center located on its Bel Air campus. How did it finally happen? It took a great deal of planning and partnership. First, Upper Chesapeake Health joined in a strategic and formal affiliation in 2009 with the University of Maryland Medical System and just recently, the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center (UMGCC).
The announcement of the formal partnership is a result of a two-year collaborative planning process in which Upper Chesapeake Health has strengthened its multidisciplinary cancer services and expanded opportunities for clinical trial enrollment for patients. What does this affiliation and facility mean for individuals with cancer and their families? It means access to:
• multidisciplinary care, where specialists in medical, surgical, and radiation oncology meet with new patients during a single visit
• the most advanced cancer therapies, state-of-the-art technology, enhanced supportive services, and clinical research trials in one centralized neighborhood location
• experts and cancer specialists from UMGCC ranked 11th out of 900 cancer centers by U.S. News & World Report
• a community-based healing environment that fully integrates with the high-quality clinical and research programs at UMGCC
• a $60 million cancer care facility designed with the patient's needs in mind (e.g., dedicated parking, ease of access, healing garden)
To date, over $17.5 million has been raised to support the establishment of The Kaufman Cancer Center. The Kaufman Cancer Center and its inclusive services and programs are being provided through philanthropy by our neighbors, for our neighbors.
About The Upper Chesapeake Health Foundation:
Founded in 1987, The Upper Chesapeake Health Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to support Upper Chesapeake Health in its’ mission to provide unparalleled healthcare services for our community. With a Board of Directors comprised of 45 community leaders, philanthropists, volunteers, and partners, The Foundation is committed to funding vital healthcare programs offered to the residents of Harford County, Cecil County, and Northern Baltimore County. For more information about The Foundation call 443-643-3460 or visit www.uchfoundation.org.